Well, I installed the BPE's (yes the JKS ones) and the harder clunking disappeared, YAY!!!!!!!
As for the creaking, I've minimized it by greasing up the heck out of almost every bushing and moving part I could find under there! Creaking is almost gone, just very faint. I still think I have to remove the trackbar completely and lube up the bushings with some Red N' Tacky to see if that cures it completely.
As for the whining, I haven't had the time to pinpoint it, but I have to replace my condenser next week so I'll see if it's the steering pump, or drive shaft or something??
Meanwhile, I've also got some OEM roof cross bars from Ebay for $40, they were in mint condition and looking at getting some lights for the Safari Bar.
Still gotta get my hitch and a few other goodies.
If anyone has instructions for installing (the wiring part of it) the 2 lights on the Safari Bar, please post a link. I couldn't find any definitive "best way" to fish the wiring through to the inside dash.
What was said in other threads is very true....I have the 2" BB, and I wish I just waited and got the 4"!!!!!!!
Thanks to all, will keep this thread updated with pics and progress!!
Cheers from Canada
I'll try to take some pics of the threading of my KC wires. I ran them right up into my bumper, along the left inside of the grille, to the battery, then back to the firewall, along and below the rubber hood seal in front of the dash/windshield, then I actually ran it through the same opening as the rest of the wire cluster for the steering column and mounted the switch in that little rubber area to the lower left of the steering column that flexes. The whole thing took about an hour.
The red 'n tacky will last a few weeks if even that long. Do yourself a favor and install that bolt on the frame side in the other direction. That way you don't have to remove your bump stop when you have to grease it again. It looks like the only way to get "rid" of the trackbar squeek is to install a grease zerk. Let me know how it goes.
No, I painted them with the tires not mounted.
Stripped them to bare aluminum , scuffed very thoroughly, 2 coats of etching primer, 2 coats of filler primer, 3 coats of dark graphite metallic, then 3 coats of clearcoat.