So what do you think??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > So what do you think???

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 06-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #16
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadsWJ View Post
Well, I installed the BPE's (yes the JKS ones) and the harder clunking disappeared, YAY!!!!!!!

As for the creaking, I've minimized it by greasing up the heck out of almost every bushing and moving part I could find under there! Creaking is almost gone, just very faint. I still think I have to remove the trackbar completely and lube up the bushings with some Red N' Tacky to see if that cures it completely.

As for the whining, I haven't had the time to pinpoint it, but I have to replace my condenser next week so I'll see if it's the steering pump, or drive shaft or something??

Meanwhile, I've also got some OEM roof cross bars from Ebay for $40, they were in mint condition and looking at getting some lights for the Safari Bar.

Still gotta get my hitch and a few other goodies.

If anyone has instructions for installing (the wiring part of it) the 2 lights on the Safari Bar, please post a link. I couldn't find any definitive "best way" to fish the wiring through to the inside dash.

What was said in other threads is very true....I have the 2" BB, and I wish I just waited and got the 4"!!!!!!!

Thanks to all, will keep this thread updated with pics and progress!!

Cheers from Canada
I'll try to take some pics of the threading of my KC wires. I ran them right up into my bumper, along the left inside of the grille, to the battery, then back to the firewall, along and below the rubber hood seal in front of the dash/windshield, then I actually ran it through the same opening as the rest of the wire cluster for the steering column and mounted the switch in that little rubber area to the lower left of the steering column that flexes. The whole thing took about an hour.

!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #17
SpinOut123
2000 WJ 

The red 'n tacky will last a few weeks if even that long. Do yourself a favor and install that bolt on the frame side in the other direction. That way you don't have to remove your bump stop when you have to grease it again. It looks like the only way to get "rid" of the trackbar squeek is to install a grease zerk. Let me know how it goes.
SpinOut123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #18
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

A few updates

So, I've done a couple of changes to the WJ.

Sold my chrome clads and got some JK Moab's that I painted dark graphite metallic. Clay bar'd and waxed her up.

Hopefully, by end of weekend I should have my 4" lift on, my roof basket on, my Westin safari bar with 6" KC Hilites on, my rear receiver d'ring shackle and......that's about it.

I'll also be installing some new spring isolators, new rear A-arm ball joint, brand new Akebono calipers with Stillen Rotors and Pads from Kolak.

Always a work in progres........

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/433/61929775.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9174/92463279.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2559/38674149.jpg
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/654/88981238.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/745/57353445.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7430/23972175.jpg
BreadsWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #19
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

pics

These are the pics
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

Unread 06-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #20
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

Move thread please!!

Can a mod please move this thread to the proper WJ Grand Cherokee forum?

Thanks a bunch!
Unread 06-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #21
sherker55
2004 WJ 

did you paint the wheels with the tires on? they look good! I've been wanting to do mine ever since I got them. I have my wheels on my accord painted that color and they look great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillMcD View Post
She said call her when your over 4"
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #22
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

No, I painted them with the tires not mounted.
Stripped them to bare aluminum , scuffed very thoroughly, 2 coats of etching primer, 2 coats of filler primer, 3 coats of dark graphite metallic, then 3 coats of clearcoat.
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #23
sherker55
2004 WJ 

all of them rattle cans? what did you use to strip the factory paint?
Quote:
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #24
sherker55
2004 WJ 

sucks that the weights are on the outside, too bad they couldn't put them on the inside so they wouldn't be visible...
Quote:
Unread 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #25
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

rims

Yeah, all rattle cans.

I used a spray paint stripper, worked pretty well, then I used my gas pressure washer and some elbow grease with some sandpaper to get the rest.

As for the weights, I might switch them up for the stick on's that go inside the rim when I get a chance.

Cheers.
Unread 09-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #26
CruizinKev
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadsWJ View Post
These are the pics

these are still the 245/70-17 Hankook ATM tires you had?
CruizinKev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #27
mashbolt
1998 ZJ 

Sorry to ask....
But what are BPE's please?

Tags
2002 , grand cherokee , install , lift kit , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.