So Many Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > So Many Questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
bwatson
1994 ZJ 

So Many Questions

It's been a while since i've been on here but i have a few things in mind for my newly lifted ZJ. before i start i'll let you know i'm what you might call "mechanically challenged" so my questions might sound stupid.

i have a 4" RC lift kit (short arms) on 285/70 17's.. and all i know is the ride is ROUGH. i know with a lift comes some bumpiness but i think it's a little excessive. so to ride smoother should i buy new shocks, springs, control arms or all of the above? if so what should i save up for first? haha. also i would think on a lift i can't just type in "94 zj shocks" and buy a set. so what products would you reccomend?

my last question is for long term goals but what are some good, strong bumper makers? i like a rugged look, want some bars to protect the grill, and a winch mount.. i know this post is LONG but any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!

bwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
inkspot88
1993 ZJ 

Not sure what shocks came with that lift but if they are the regular ol' rough country's (not the 2.0 or 2.2) you might want to start there. Rough country's are well...rough. Have them on my zj. Good control terrible ride. The 2.0s I have on my jk with a 4 inch and 35s and they ride a lot better still not great. Save and get you some ome or bilsteins. Only way to go.if yoy want a good ride. Short arms are never going to ride great no matter what you throw at it.
inkspot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
The bushings may be going out in you control arms which may be causing some slop in them and some clunking. Bilstien makes a good shock. You need to get shocks for a 4" lift. 4 wheel parts has em Kolak is a good vendor here. I assume the kit came with springs not spacers? Maybe those RC coils ride a bit stiff? I dont think RC includes a very high quality shock with their kits.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
And at 4" properly adjusted short arms with good quality parts should ride just fine.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
inkspot88
1993 ZJ 

Thats what I am wondering if the op bought this kit used, professionally installed, since he is not the most mechanically inclined? If its new and installed properly the ride should be ok. Other than those rough country shocks I assume came with it.
inkspot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
bwatson
1994 ZJ 

yeah i bought it new from RC and had a family friend install it.. he did a friend of mines on his chevy and it turned out good. i now wish i had gone with and IRO kit or something a little better quality but hey, ya gotta learn somehow. you get what you pay for. anyways, thanks for the advice!
bwatson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.