So I wanna put Limited painted bumpers on a plain Laredo... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > So I wanna put Limited painted bumpers on a plain Laredo...

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-27-2003, 03:25 AM   #1
FutureZJOwner

So I wanna put Limited painted bumpers on a plain Laredo...

Hey everyone, I am gonna get another Jeep, and I was thinking instead of shelling out the extra money for a Limited, why not put painted color matching bumpers and trim on a non painted bumpers/trim Laredo so it looks like a Laredo SE. Is this doable and easy? Help/comments appreciated

thanks

Sean

It's not a car, a truck, or an SUV. It's a Jeep. There's only one.
FutureZJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Why bother? It's just more paint to scratch/chip while wheeling.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
WopHunter

You know, I have a 2000 WJ laredo, and I was thinking of doing the same thing. Then I thought about it, and thought that it might be expensive. I dont know, if you do it, I want to see it, and you will have to tell me how it went.
WopHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
FutureZJOwner

Why would I? Because it looks better. Wop, I'll do that. I don't think it would be too bad, it beats the 2 grand premium over the Laredo to get them with the Limited, as SE's weren't available then. I have priced front and rear bumper skins at about $4xx, and the side trim can't be more than about half that, then there's installation. I think I could tackle the skins myself, the trim would bt a body shop's responsibility. If I lucked out and got a TSi or a SE, I wouldn't bother. They have a sweetness all their own, as they are both different... don't get me wrong, unpainted cladding owners, I'm NOT knocking you, I just think sometimes the painted looks more 'Grand Cherokee'

Sincerely

Sean

It's not a car, a truck, or an SUV. It's a Jeep. There's only one.
FutureZJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2003, 05:21 PM   #5
ssimpson6

A few guys over at jeep unlimited have painted their laredo cladding, looks pretty good, just do a search for cladding
ssimpson6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.