smelling gas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > smelling gas

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-24-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
Big Dumb White Guy

smelling gas

4.0l I6
it takes longer to start -(no more than 5 seconds though). used to just twist the key and VROOM!! now it takes longer and there is a slight smell of gas (inside the vehicle). it goes away after a few seconds. no trace of fuel on the ground. plus gas milage has gone right down the toilet. it's got to be fuel related (starter is just fine). fuel pressure regulator? fuel pump? bad injector? any ideas or things to check???

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
MJR

If you have a gas smell then something would be leaking. It could be fuel injectors, seals, etc... It maybe small enough to evaporate before you see it dripping. Just look it over real good.
Unread 12-25-2002, 05:01 PM   #3
Ryan2son

I would check the vacuum lines (sounds like your engine "thinks" there is a fuel/air problem and has increased the fuel mixture (hense the fuel smell and poor gas mileage)...

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
4x4, 4.7 V8, Quadratrac II, Loaded

A Hail the Mighty Philadelphia Eagles!
Ryan2son is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.