I noticed my oil pressure at 1750rpm (cruise at 55mph) was steady at 50 when it is normally 55-60 so i checked my oil and it smells of fuel and seams to be a little thin, good color, but im at 3k on this oil.
i know that i've got 250k miles on my rings and that may be a culprit but i'm thinking no on that because this has only started in the last week and i would have noticed that gradually over time so heres what im thinking
-Bad injector maybe??
leaking out alot after from residual fuel pressure after running or overnight and seeping past the rings?
-no slow starts but i would think the pump would prime quick enough to not let me notice it
- i do have a puff off smoke on start from cold or if it sits for a couple minutes which could be plenum (trying to make it through hunting season before tackling this) or a loaded cylinder from leaking injector right?
- noticed a slight decrease in mileage
- every 10 days or so it will throw a "22" for 30 seconds -egr code
-It idles steady at 650-700rpms
i do not feel a noticeable shake at idle but my mid/low throttle seems pretty weak (thinking plenum) and i have some light smoke out the valve cover/dip if i remove when running, which i figured is just high mileage blow by
my first thought is to:
- throw a fuel pressure gauge on the schraeder valve on the rail and see what it does over night
- check for wet spark plug?i figured i would feel a dead cylinder though
-install stick of dynomite and take cover
- compression check, ive never done one before
hopefully you engine gurus (rat,bad bird, techno, ......etc.. oh and even caliguiri if you can post coherently
) can help me out here