Smell of gas around car - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Smell of gas around car

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 08-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
Breathe
1996 ZJ 

Smell of gas around car

The other day I was just moving my ZJ a couple feet so I could jump a different vehicle in our driveway and I noticed that there was a faint smell of gas from the front of the Jeep after I shut off the engine. I checked all of the hoses and nothing seemed loose or cracked, but I don't know a lot about that sort of thing. I don't know if its related or if it can be blamed on inaccuracies of the fuel gauge but sometimes after not driving for a few days my gas level has gone down sometimes as much as 1/16th of a tank. I'm pretty new to driving and vehicles so excuse my noobishness :P

Breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

noobishness excused haha. i would check and see if your losing fuel at the fuel rail where the fuel line meets it, or maybe at any of the injectors. the o rings on the injectors have issues sometimes

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Breathe
1996 ZJ 

Is there anything else that could cause it? The engine was supposedly rebuilt by the guy I bought it off of so I would imagine it'd have all of that engine related stuff taken care of. Then again I wouldn't know cause I am new to all of this
Breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

check your evap canister as well as the lines going to and from it.
'95 ZJ: 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump

It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads
  • CRD Bad Smell - WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (76 replies)
  • Really odd smell - WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (14 replies)
  • A/C Smell - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (0 replies)
  • Oil Smell - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (8 replies)
  • Bad Smell - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (6 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.