Small brown plug - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Small brown plug

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 06-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

Small brown plug

Hi!

Whilst repairing my head light switch "pack" I noticed there is some sort of control unit behind it. There are 2 small (5 pin?) brown plugs, and one of them seems to be unplugged. Any ideas what it does? everything seems to work as normal.

My ZJ is a RHD model as well.

I'd appreciate any advice. I couldn't find out what it was after searching last night. I don't want to simply plug it in and bugger something up, the electrics have not been kind to me - highly unusual from what I can gather!

Martin600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
Marcos
1993 ZJ 

Judging by the other plugs on it, that looks similar to the US-Spec Body control module (BCM) which does not have those two extra brown plugs.
Marcos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

The FSM will be your friend here.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
Judging by the other plugs on it, that looks similar to the US-Spec Body control module (BCM) which does not have those two extra brown plugs.
Ahh It makes all the right noises to be a BCM. I'm just stumped as to what these 2 plugs are for. Things which are unplugged annoy me unless I know the reason!

At least I know what to look for now!

FSM. flying spaghetti monster?
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin600 View Post
Ahh It makes all the right noises to be a BCM. I'm just stumped as to what these 2 plugs are for. Things which are unplugged annoy me unless I know the reason!

At least I know what to look for now!

FSM. flying spaghetti monster?
Factory Service Manual
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
Factory Service Manual
I was just being silly

Where can I pick up one of those, Ebay? I don't currently have one.
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #7
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin600 View Post
Where can I pick up one of those, Ebay? I don't currently have one.
eBay for a printed one, lots of online retailers for an electronic version with immediate download. Or, if you look hard enough, you may find the PDF version for free. That said, you ideally need the RHD version (aka the Jeep ZG), which probably isn't as widely available, at least not for free.

You're probably best off asking on one of the UK Jeep forums, like Birty Dastard's.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR2 View Post
eBay for a printed one, lots of online retailers for an electronic version with immediate download. Or, if you look hard enough, you may find the PDF version for free. That said, you ideally need the RHD version (aka the Jeep ZG), which probably isn't as widely available, at least not for free.

You're probably best off asking on one of the UK Jeep forums, like Birty Dastard's.
I've found a 1997 ZG FSM just browsing through it now.

Soooooo many pages

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.