Skid Plates - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Skid Plates

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 06-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
wreck76

Skid Plates

I gots a '02 GC that doesn't have skid plates (well, it has a gas tank plate). Just wondering if it is better to buy the Jeep plates or to get after market. And how hard is it to put two hooks onto a GC that does not have them? Front and back

wreck

wreck76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Hi. I know this is a late reply, but just joined and saw it. I ordered my plates from Wyckoff. You can do it online. You probably have them by now, but if you don't they are the least expensive and are Mopar parts same as oem parts. The transfer case plate is $35.10, the front plate is $44.10 and if you need tow hooks they are $86.40 for the front pair. If you have a tow hitch you really don't need the rear tow hooks. Also the fuel plate is $139.50. Except for the fuel plate they all come with instructions, the fuel plate just bolts up using the bolts for the hitch,which you have to drop or remove, and fuel tank. As far as the front tow hooks, on my 2004 GC, you'll have to take off the front fascia, grille and bumper, to correctly install them. If you don't have the hitch in back the rear ones just bolt up to the frame and have a bracket to help support them. I hope this helps even tho it is a little late. Vince
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2004, 08:36 AM   #3
Chrisca

That's about what I paid for the hooks and the two front skids. The Mopar plates are good (& cheap) enough.
Don't worry about the gas tank plate. The stock one is good enough. (If you needed something else, you wouldn't have to ask.

I recommend getting a Mopar hitch instead of a rear tow hook. You can get one from a junkyard for ~$75 vs. ~175 new.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.