Are silicone vacuum lines worth the extra cost? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Are silicone vacuum lines worth the extra cost?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
herqulees
1997 ZJ 

Are silicone vacuum lines worth the extra cost?

So I'm starting to have issues with the HVAC going to defrost when the cruise control is accelerating up hill and figure it's about time I go ahead and replace every vacuum hose and fitting under the hood.
I like to do a good bit of research before buying anything and tend to not get cheap if it means it will last longer/work better yet I can't find much information on this silicone vacuum line that people with fart cannon equipped cars love so much other than the dark green color option might look good in a Jeep engine bay. Does anyone know if there is anything that makes it better from buying the typical AutoZone stuff? Is it more resistant to collapsing, rubbing, cuts, kinks, heat? Does it last longer?
Also if anyone knows the sizes used under the hood that would help, otherwise I'm going to have to find a tape measure, which could take a very long while in this house...

herqulees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Don't do that.

There is a TSB that has been out since 96 for the 5.2s. If your vent mode changes to defrost while accelerating you need to add a vacuum check valve. Done.
JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.