Shuttering - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Shuttering

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Unread 01-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #16
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome View Post
Maybe like a miss. I'd check fuel pressure. Then plugs. All the free things
Pardon my mechanical new ness. Best way to check all?

Unread 01-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #17
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
Pardon my mechanical new ness. Best way to check all?
There is a schraeder valve on the fuel rail to check pressure. Should be 39 psi or so. Just pull all the plugs and look at them. And post a pic for feedback.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #18
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome View Post
There is a schraeder valve on the fuel rail to check pressure. Should be 39 psi or so. Just pull all the plugs and look at them. And post a pic for feedback.
Dang no spark plug wrench lol. Know approx where on fuel line? Normally wouldn't mind crawling around but snow/ice/rain mix isn't as fun lol

So now that I hit the IAC when driving it the idle got worse and is inconsistent at idle. So I think I'll replace that for good measure. Any good or bad brands for them?
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #19
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Hopefully you can still get a Mopar IAC.

Driver side fuel rail.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #20
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

so checked the spark plugs-ish haha. no socket but yanked the wire out and good s*** it's covered in grime, and fresh grime mind you. Don't know if that's all the problem, but would be willing to bet it's probably not helping any.
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #21
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So pulled a plug today and here's the result.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1389644730408.jpg   1389644743770.jpg  
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #22
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

planning on ordering new plugs and IAC on rockauto. Which one(s) should I go with? was thinking the STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # AC68 or IRTEX / WELLS Part # 2H1091 for IAC and for plugs the BOSCH Part # 7957 super plus with the.035 gap. Any objections or better suggestions?
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #23
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

oh, dude... those plugs look nasty.. It looks like a possible valve cover gasket leak plus heavy corrosion on the plug's electrode.. Definitely looks ready to replace. I don't know what it is supposed to be for the 8 cyl motors, but I could've sworn it was .040" gap? One of you 5.2l owners will have to chime in.. As far as brand, the plain copper cheapos from any auto parts place usually works pretty good from what I've heard. I believe I went with the mid-level Champions plugs(~$3.50 each from walmart) and they work like a charm for me, never had a problem. They were supposed to be pre-gapped but I had to redo it anyways, half of them were wayy too high or too low a gap.

Edit, if what you had before was working fine until recently, you might as well stick with it. It looks like champions? That name gets thrown around a lot here from what I've seen. Cheap, works just fine, copper core, good enough for a Jeep. One thing to note, don't bother spending for the premium $15 per plugs, and stick with copper plugs, not the platinum or anything
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post
oh, dude... those plugs look nasty.. It looks like a possible valve cover gasket leak plus heavy corrosion on the plug's electrode.. Definitely looks ready to replace. I don't know what it is supposed to be for the 8 cyl motors, but I could've sworn it was .040" gap? One of you 5.2l owners will have to chime in.. As far as brand, the plain copper cheapos from any auto parts place usually works pretty good from what I've heard. I believe I went with the mid-level Bosch plugs(~$3.50 each from walmart) and they work like a charm for me, never had a problem. They were supposed to be pre-gapped but I had to redo it anyways, half of them were wayy too high or too low a gap.
They're at least 4 years old sure that doesn't help. Gap is .035 (according to this site in searched it). Good to know to check gap no matter what tho
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #25
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
They're at least 4 years old sure that doesn't help. Gap is .035 (according to this site in searched it). Good to know to check gap no matter what tho
I edited after you posted.. I have the Champion plugs, not bosch.. That works. I guess I got our truck mixed up with the jeep v8's gap :shrug:
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #26
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post

I edited after you posted.. I have the Champion plugs, not bosch.. That works. I guess I got our truck mixed up with the jeep v8's gap :shrug:
No worries I appreciate the help. I need all I can get
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #27
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

so best place to find a mopar IAC? did a google but wasn't finding much. I've read so much on these being picky with the mopar sensors rather just get one and be safe.
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:04 AM   #28
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Kolak@aol.com sells Mopar parts.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #29
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Kolak@aol.com sells Mopar parts.
Sweet I didn't known he did I'll message him
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:32 AM   #30
Jcalloway
1997 ZJ 

Gap is definately .40. Just changed mine and wires. Just put a set of champion coppers in it and a new set of wires. I think it was like $40 bucks and it runs like a top.
Jcalloway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.