The old Rear Lamp Failure message on VIC has captured my interest finally after being pulled over by the law and receiving a operation violation ticket for the rear tail light being out. Failure message would come on when the brake was engaged and sometimes not...thought it might be a little spider action as weirdo things have happened before (Living in CA now, they seem to never die, they just find little crevices in cars to move to.) Anyway, off I went to the local auto supply store to get a rear tail light bulb.
1) Replaced passenger side bulb that provides both tail light and brake light functions as it's a dual filament bulb.
2) The VIC "Rear Lamp Failure" message went away
3) New bulb functions when brake is engaged
4) New bulb does not
function as a tail light
5) Side marker light also does not
function. Used driver side bulb that was working to confirm that the side marker bulb wasn't the problem.
6) Checked all the other lights: All function in their appropriate manner.
7) Checked fuse #12 looks OK and automatic lights which are on same fuse are working.
8) Checked fuse #21 looks OK.
Any ideas? When the VIC message went away I thought all was good...alas NO. After reading several posts I'm thinking wire issue or issue with LOM.
Thanks in Advance!