Should i pick up this niner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Should i pick up this niner?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 07-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
MrMoosecakes
1997 ZJ 

Ok so I just found out someone I know is selling their niner. It has 180K on it needs an e brake and a fuel pump. The body is solid tho and it's in overall decent shape. He's asking 1000 for it. Is t worth it? Especially since I just got done lifting my 5.2. The niner does have a decent dent in the hood and a crack in the rear bumper but that's it. It's dark micha in color

image-2108450869.jpg

image-1130107086.jpg

MrMoosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
CanaanTSA5

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoosecakes View Post
Ok so I just found out someone I know is selling their niner. It has 180K on it needs an e brake and a fuel pump. The body is solid tho and it's in overall decent shape. He's asking 1000 for it. Is t worth it? Especially since I just got done lifting my 5.2. The niner does have a decent dent in the hood and a crack in the rear bumper but that's it. It's dark micha in color
No rust? If it's a New England Jeep, there IS rust. Tap the front passenger rocker panel right behind the wheel with your foot and see what fun falls out.

I would definitely drive it and test the VC (Figure 8's!)

Hoods are Bumpers can always be replaced!

I would personally buy it if the VC is good and there isn't any harmful rust.
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
MrMoosecakes
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanaanTSA5

No rust? If it's a New England Jeep, there IS rust. Tap the front passenger rocker panel right behind the wheel with your foot and see what fun falls out.

I would definitely drive it and test the VC (Figure 8's!)

Hoods are Bumpers can always be replaced!

I would personally buy it if the VC is good and there isn't any harmful rust.
Well by no rust I ment like nothing is rotting out. Of course there's minor rust here and there but nothing too critical
MrMoosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

for a thousand bucks it doesnt look too bad. you can pull a bumper cover and hood from a junkyard pretty cheap (depending on your area, probably under $100).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.