Should I go back to my stock air box over the K&N - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Should I go back to my stock air box over the K&N

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #31
B93
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Yea it was an area for concern when I had one. I used a gasket and tightened it down well but I still suspected it of leaking from time to time. Also by tightening it down well it developed a crack where the bolt hole was. They sent me a new one no questions asked though. I mean anyone could have called up and they would have just sent one out for free with no proof lol.
Yeah haha, you're 100% right there. My niner came with an old dusty K&N fipk on it, cracked in a couple places. Emailed K&N a couple pictures and my address, they sent me a new one with no questions asked. I was shocked and quite happy

Unread 06-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
jzoomer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkeye11 View Post
I agree I think i will be changing back to stock as well soon if anybody wants my 5.2 fipik
Pm'd
jzoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
m931a2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm having a hard time finding the stock air box for a TJ. Jeeps-are-us has one for a few hundred but who has that kind of money.

I need the tube (that I cut up) and the filter box (that I lost) so I can get it back to stock.

I'm returning it back to stock before I give it to my son so it's safer till he gets more experience driving.

If any one has one please let me know.
m931a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #34
T-nave
1998 ZJ 

I had to RTV 2 foam gaskets and 1 hard gasket together to get the proper seal at the throttle body. I always run a fiterwears pre-filter on the filter itself as well. I never have any dust or anything and I can go a lot longer between filter cleanings.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.