Shock Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Shock Help

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Dluenz
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Shock Help

Rubicon Express or Skyjackers? Both would be nitro but Im just looking for some opinions. I was going to do bilstein's but I'm hearing they its not worth it.

Dluenz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Bilsteins are great. If I had to choose from those two brands I would pick Doetsch 8000's .
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Mcclain61
1997 ZJ 

Bilsteins are way worth it.... where did u hear they aren't?

Are you going to be doing alot of offroading? Or street

I always used bilsteins on my open wheel mod. Dirt car broke the bolt hole off the shaft in a wreck because some punk kid can't drive and had to weld it back on.. still used it until sold the car

I'm pretty sure I still have it laying around too lol great shocks

I prefer the oil filled tho I think they compress and rebound alot smoother
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Dluenz
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I just heard that there isnt a huge performance difference. And its definitely cheaper to go with SJ or the Rubicon Express. And yes I will be doing a fair amount of offroading
Dluenz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

From who? They certainly were not running Bilsteins if they were saying there is no performance difference.

Skyjacker can't make a quality shock if their life depended on it. Haven't run the RE but the Bilsteins are worth it, even if they cost a bit more. The ride difference is night and day.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
From who? They certainly were not running Bilsteins if they were saying there is no performance difference.

Skyjacker can't make a quality shock if their life depended on it. Haven't run the RE but the Bilsteins are worth it, even if they cost a bit more. The ride difference is night and day.
Yes you are right. Mainly because Skycrappers are made at the Monroe factory. Bilstein makes their own shocks at their own factory.
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Dluenz
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Alright so I'll get the 5100's then
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dluenz View Post
Alright so I'll get the 5100's then
Seriously take a look at the DT8000's if you don't want to spend as much as the Bilsteins. I asked Kolak what the next step down from the Bilsteins were and he recommended Rancho 5000 series. Just some to consider.

kolak@aol.com sells them and has great prices. I am happy with my 5100's though. They are a great shock.

Tags
shocks , suspension , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.