Shift lever and 4wd lever removal and replacment. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Shift lever and 4wd lever removal and replacment.

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Shift lever and 4wd lever removal and replacment.

How does it come off I got a 5.9 leather wrapped one as well as the ebrake< I know how that comes off. Or can somebody refer me to the page in the fsm it covers that would be awesome?? Also the fsm says there's a mini console no arm rest apparently anyone ever actually seen it lol?

Im looking for the complete assembly removal not just the t handle please.

Unread 11-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Wow I cannot find it in the factory service manual anywhere im sure its straightforward but when i take it off will i need to adjust anything is what i want to know.
Unread 11-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

seems i had to refine my search a bit i was able to find a link.
Unread 11-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The transmission shift handle just pops off. A rubber mallet is a good helper tool. A mini console was not ever installed in the US. It may have been installed at the Austria plant, but I never saw any reference to one.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.