Shaking when accelerating from stop / Won't pull when in Drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Shaking when accelerating from stop / Won't pull when in Drive

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 03-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
polar8

Shaking when accelerating from stop / Won't pull when in Drive

I'm having two problems with my 96 ZJ 4.0 automatic that are definitely related. The first is that when accelerating from a stop at more than 25% throttle, the bottom of the car shakes violently. I can avoid the problem by accelerating very slowly, and once it's past 20mph I can floor it without a problem.

The second problem is that after 30 min of driving, the jeep will BARELY pull forward on its own when in Drive. You know how when you put an auto car in drive and release the brake, it pulls forward even though you're not pressing on the gas pedal? Well, my jeep barely creeps forward and if I try to give it gas it does the same violent shaking.

Any ideas?

polar8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Bad torque converter or burnt clutches in the transmission.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.