shaking between 50-60 mph then gone - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > shaking between 50-60 mph then gone

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-07-2004, 06:32 AM   #1
thunderchooch
1997 ZJ 

shaking between 50-60 mph then gone

I get some shaking between 50 and 60 mph then it is gone. I have a new Tom Woods front driveshaft because of my lift. So I have new U-Joints on the front of the TC. Someone told me it might be the rear shaft U-Joints? Also could it be the pinion angle? Any help on this would be appreciated!

Brian

Kevinz Radiator support and shackles, Tom Woods driveshafts, OME SD-40 steering stabilizer, Cobra CB and PA, Bilstein Shocks, 35" BFG MUD TA KM2's, FM50, Surco Roof Rack, IRO Heavy Duty Steering and more to come soon!!
thunderchooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2004, 08:17 PM   #2
turk

Does it feel like the shaking is in the front or back? If in front does the steering wheel shake at all? It can very well be a result of the rear pinion angle being off. The two fixes that come to mind if it is the driveshaft are: 1) change the rear pinion angle by adjusting your rear upper control arms out. (if you have adjustable control arm, some people don't). Or 2) buy a Slip yoke eliminator.

I decided to just adjust my control arms and now... No vibration!

Turk

98 JGC Laredo 4.0, 3" lift, Rustys adjustable UCA's & LCA's, Custom K&N intake, high flow exhaust, Jet chip Stage 2 and 32x11.5 BFG TA's
turk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.