JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Setting here at the pizza place and no start (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/setting-here-pizza-place-no-start-1377307/)

hdrocknroll 06-04-2012 08:29 PM

Setting here at the pizza place and no start

It died on me twice yesterday while idling , now it turns over but no start ,. I got gas coming out of the valve on the fuel rail , I wiggled the pcm plug , disconnected battery cables clean them up a little put them back , still no start

biggoofy 06-04-2012 08:31 PM

Got spark?

hdrocknroll 06-04-2012 08:36 PM

How do I check for spark and turn it over at same time

hdrocknroll 06-04-2012 08:39 PM

I have a standard products crank sensor , 5 months old , I got before I knew any better

ozzy_2_me 06-04-2012 09:05 PM

check the relays and fuses in the fuse panel under the hood. idle air control sensor, o2 sensor, camshaft position sensor.

ozzy_2_me 06-04-2012 09:08 PM

make shure your oil level is up too some came with oil level sensors that will cut out the spark if the oil level is to low.

ozzy_2_me 06-04-2012 09:09 PM

is it throwing any codes and if it is what codes?

OnAll4sZJ 06-04-2012 09:11 PM

Turn key on. Put it in Nuetral and try...

biggoofy 06-04-2012 09:25 PM

Ask a guy inside to turn the key.

hdrocknroll 06-04-2012 09:44 PM

Well got started, got it home, but died once on my street died once settin in driveway

hdrocknroll 06-04-2012 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This red fuse was blown,I had an extra put it in, it started, but I don't even know what that is for.
It had no spark until it started
I might have a short there some where, or it was a coincidence and it is the standard products crank sensor :dunno:
What do ya think
EDIT: got code 33
Oops forgot pic

ozzy_2_me 06-04-2012 10:00 PM

which fuse was it? if my records are correct a code 33 is "Fault in air conditioning cutout relay circuit." this shouldn't have anything to do with the no start prob. more then likey the low or high pressure switch is bad for the ac they are really cheap and easy to replace.

as for the fuse... could you post a pic of the fuse box and try to let us know which one it is that was blown.....does the engine have like a ruff idle how does it run when it does run?

edpmedic 06-04-2012 10:03 PM

What you do to get it started?
just so you know for next time. If you take a spark plug wire off get a screw driver and stick it in the end where it would attach to the spark plug. Then set it to a ground and has you turn the key watch for spark out the door or I peek between the hood and cowl. At night it is easy to see spark.. I also do that with the coil wire. Pull it from the cap and watch for spark the same way. The spark will jump just before it reaches where the screwdriver is touching the ground.
Now back to your problem did it drive rough on the way home? Did it try and cut put on you while driving or at idle. How many miles from where you were to your house I would clean the ICS and put a fuel gauge on it. Just because you had fuel when you checked maybe it it's going bad. Also a vacuum gauge to manifold vacuum. Out could be the cps acting up a also. Just a lot of guessing on my part without bring there.

edpmedic 06-04-2012 10:06 PM

Never mind of the above post fixed it you need to find what that sucker is for

hdrocknroll 06-04-2012 10:20 PM

It's not fixed but I have a place to start
After it was running I pulled that fuse back out and it stayed running
I switched the A/C relay with the auto shut down, when I was messin with it, is why I got that code.
I stuck A piece of metal in plug wire,laid it on top of alternator ,and no spark
I was only 1/2 mile from home, it stumbled very slightly when i left the pizza place, then just shut down twice, but started right up
I cleaned the IAC a couple months ago
Whats, the the ICS ? EDIT: this ?? idle air control sensor ???

The time now is 10:13 AM.