service help grand cherokee 01 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > service help grand cherokee 01

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-27-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
jeepmum

service help grand cherokee 01

Hi all
Just wanting to know what should be done on a 2001 grand cherokee for its108,000 service. The mechanic is saying only the oil change but i dont know if thats all that should be looked at can anyone please help.
We do a fare bit of off roading so any advice would be great. I hope this is the right forum im new here.

jeepmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #2
rxl
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Stay on top of all your fluids. I do all my fluids twice a year and some times more if I find contamination after wheeling in mud and water. Also do a good visual inspection. CV boots and such.

Canadian Jeep Club Member #7

99 GC limited
4.7 Quadradrive

97 TJ Sport
4.0 5 speed

99TJ Sahara
4.0 Auto

Sold to a life of blacktop
94 ZJ Limited
I6 Quadratrac
rxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

Welcome Jeepmum.
Am I right in thinking you are from down under? if so Gooday!
I seems like WJJEEPS.com might have a service schedule on their site. try to check there. try HERE
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:57 AM   #4
jeepmum

Hi there
Well you are right I'm from down under I live in sunny queensland . And I asked my mechanic to give me an idea on what he will be doing for the service he said just change the engine oil and oil filiter but I didnt think that sounded right. And not being mechanicaly minded I thought I would ask you guys who seem to know about these things.I will go and look at that site thanks for that mate.

jeepmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #5
YJinMN
2007 WK 

That's good advice, if you don't have any records of fluid changes then they need to be changed. The repairs are too expensive versus the peace of mind. I know first hand...

Cheers, MP
YJinMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.