Serpentine Belt Tensioning - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Serpentine Belt Tensioning

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 06-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #16
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Here's one... (large pic)
Complete with plastic tie wraps!

KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #17
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

A few with mud...

Unread 06-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Cool, thanks for that. So is the AC compressor under the alternator? I think I can see the accumulator in the usual place.
AVR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #19
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreaZJ View Post
Here's one... (large pic)
Complete with plastic tie wraps!

Interesting layout....
Sideways ECU, relocated overflow bottle and an improved tensioner adjustment system, the bad thing is it looks like the PS lines cross in front of the thermo housing
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #20
chrisod
1997 ZJ 

Hi,

Here's a few pics of the engine:
2012-06-28-08.09.31.jpg   2012-06-28-08.09.49.jpg   2012-06-28-08.10.13.jpg  
chrisod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #21
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Wow, stainless braided fuel supply line.

What is the small rectangular manifold with all the rubber lines and solenoids?
Some extra wire runs also?
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #22
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Wow, stainless braided fuel supply line.
Pretty sure thats stock Jeep, my TJ had it and so did my mom and brothers 3 XJ's

Quote:
What is the small rectangular manifold with all the rubber lines and solenoids? Some extra wire runs also?
Looks like LPG injection, a lot of the Jeep's I saw in UK wrecking yards and on the web had LPG conversions due to the insane price of fuel there. With gas running approximately $8 a gallon for regular unleaded vs $4.25 for a gallon of LPG you can see why

Also, Cris, try to fill out as much info in your profile as possible, makes it easier for us to help you if we know the basics
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #23
chrisod
1997 ZJ 

Yes, it is converted to run on LPG. We are currently paying around $10.50 a gallon of petrol! LPG is half the price. I have a 20 litre petrol tank and a 75 litre LPG. LPG isn't good at low temps so petrol is used until the engine warms up. The stuff on the top of the engine is the LPG injectors. Thanks for all your interesting input....
chrisod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #24
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisod View Post
Yes, it is converted to run on LPG. We are currently paying around $10.50 a gallon of petrol! LPG is half the price. I have a 20 litre petrol tank and a 75 litre LPG. LPG isn't good at low temps so petrol is used until the engine warms up. The stuff on the top of the engine is the LPG injectors. Thanks for all your interesting input....
Wow! I converted the prices off what I found online to USD and was shocked, I'm even more shocked now that you posted the real prices!! I'd be eating top ramen forever the way my 5.9 drinks supreme!

Not to be a bother but could you post up some shots of your LPG setup? like the tank and distribution block and how its plumbed into the intake manifold? I'm really curious how the factory system and LPG system are meshed into each other. Does it have a manual/automatic switch to change it over or does it supplement the factory system all the time? Thanks!
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #25
ssands85
1995 ZJ 

that adjustment bracket on the alt reminds me of an old school chrysler back when they ran multiple "V" belts... but the LPG.... that looks interesting. I am curious as well.
ssands85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
serpentine belt

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.