Serpentine Belt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Serpentine Belt

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
Bricolage
1993 ZJ 

Serpentine Belt

Hey, I'm changing the serpentine belt on my '93 Jeep GC Laredo 4.0L and I am a bit confused about how I need to go about adjusting the tension. Right now the tension is so high I cannot slip the belt onto the various pulleys. So I need to loosen things up to do this. From what I know the alternator and most of the pulleys will not adjust--that it is the power steering that moves around for the belt.

I've loosened 2 13mm bolts behind the power steering and the adjusting bolt underneath. However, it cannot be moved. I tried tightening the bolt underneath several turns but it does not seem to change either way. I found a bolt underneath the p/s pulley and loosened that as well but there is no change. What am I missing?

Bricolage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

turning the bottom bolt counterclockwise loosens the belt.. Clockwise tightens it..

Theres 2 bolts to loosen on the front (top and bottom) and 2 on the rear then adjust it using the lower bolt thats off to the side a little, kinda hard to get to.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.