Serious Problem Need Help ASAP!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Serious Problem Need Help ASAP!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 06-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
JoeyChop
1996 ZJ 

Serious Problem Need Help ASAP!!!!

I smelt rubber burning yesterday and stopped and looked under the jeep to find the sway bar end link bushings gone on the right side and carving a groove into my tire. Today I jacked the jeep up and took the tire off and found the spring also moved to the right smashing the end link into the tire so I looked on the driver side rear and discovered the top link to the four link has cracked completely in one side. Foes anyone know if it would be better to have that rewelded, replaced or swap out the whole rear axle? My dilemma is that my wife and I are traveling right now and far from home. We are on a very limited budget and are looking for ate most budget friendly fix but something that will hold and prevent future damage. Thanks!!!

image-3168797046.jpg

JoeyChop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
a70eliminator

Oh my. yea I would try to weld that back on.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
ZJfreek
1996 ZJ 

Wow thats crazy, i would try to weld it back together and add some metal on top of it. If you were in ca i would help ya. Good luck
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
sebian
1995 ZJ 

Sorry to say, but that looks like it rusted and rotted apart. You can try to weld it, but I would guess that the control arm bracket is toast and would need to be replaced. You can probably find a shop to fab one up, and have it welded on.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.