Sensor goes off, sends signal to computer, computer sends it to my odometer... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sensor goes off, sends signal to computer, computer sends it to my odometer...

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
ef1992
2001 WJ 

Sensor goes off, sends signal to computer, computer sends it to my odometer...

So yea, the sensor detects a fault, sends a signal to the computer, computer awares me in some way right?

Questions 1:

What if the computer itself is having technical issues??? Could it send it a code if its broken itself??? I have no idea.

Questions 2:

My WJ has the three following 4WD options:

4 ALL TIME
N
4 Lo

I feel 4 all time isnt necessary at the moment, and Id like to save some gas mileage. How do I use the 4 lo? Do I put it in drive? 1? 2?

NOT SURE!!!

Please help!

Unread 07-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
elmer_fud
1995 ZJ 

there is little to no difference in gas milage between 2wd and 4wd in grands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #3
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Read this to get a more in depth description of your transfer case:
http://wjjeeps.com/tcases.htm#QUADII

I can't help you with the other thing because your grammar and description of the problem are awful at best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.