Sensor goes off, sends signal to computer, computer sends it to my odometer... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sensor goes off, sends signal to computer, computer sends it to my odometer...

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 07-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
ef1992
2001 WJ 

Sensor goes off, sends signal to computer, computer sends it to my odometer...

So yea, the sensor detects a fault, sends a signal to the computer, computer awares me in some way right?

Questions 1:

What if the computer itself is having technical issues??? Could it send it a code if its broken itself??? I have no idea.

Questions 2:

My WJ has the three following 4WD options:

4 ALL TIME
N
4 Lo

I feel 4 all time isnt necessary at the moment, and Id like to save some gas mileage. How do I use the 4 lo? Do I put it in drive? 1? 2?

NOT SURE!!!

Please help!

Unread 07-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
elmer_fud
1995 ZJ 

there is little to no difference in gas milage between 2wd and 4wd in grands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Read this to get a more in depth description of your transfer case:
http://wjjeeps.com/tcases.htm#QUADII

I can't help you with the other thing because your grammar and description of the problem are awful at best.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.