Which sensor is this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Which sensor is this?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 08-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Dubfire98
1996 ZJ 

Which sensor is this?

For those of you that know where the vehicle speed sensor is on a 44re tranny... If you look to the left of it, right above the trans pan, there is a 3 wire sensor. What is this sensor? Looks as tho I'm leaking alot of fluid out from around it?

Dubfire98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

neutral safety switch if i had to guess. a picture would be great
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
Dubfire98
1996 ZJ 

I cant get my phone to upload the pic. But its right next to the pan lip, infront of crossmember. looking at the trans pan from driver side, its the closest sensor to the pan edge. I'm talking right above lip like 1". 3 wires on a strange connector.
Dubfire98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Id guess the NSS, neutral safety switch, by your description

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.