Security system help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Security system help

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-07-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
the_oneills

Security system help

I have a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I changed the A/C evaporator when I reinstalled everything the security system goes off evertime I hook the battery up. I have unhook the securty box in the glove box witch stoped the securtiy system from going off but when I try to start the jeep it stalls like the timmimg is off or its not getting enough fuel. I have only one wire I can't find where it goes, its on the drivers side comes through the fire wall it have 5 pins, Could this be the plug they use for diagnostic any help.

P.S if your thinking of doing this job yourself don't it's well worth the 1,000.00 they charge.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Jim

the_oneills is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #2
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

hate to be the one to tell you this, after you have disconnected everything...but, all security systems go off when you disconnect the battery and reconnect it. just turn the alarm off with your keypad.
2000 WJ Limited - 2.5" Rusty's springs ¤ WAAG 1-piece front brush guard ¤ custom built WAAG nerf bars ¤ PIAA 580 lighting ¤ Custom Paint ¤ One-off Aluminum Treadplate Door Entry Guards & Rear Bumper Step ¤
1986.5 Porsche 928S - 18" Moda MD1 ¤ Autothority Chips ¤ Rear Muffler Bypass ¤ Short-Shift Kit
Grease Monkey & HNIC @ Clasik Auto
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2004, 12:14 AM   #3
Interloper

yup, or stick the key in the drivers side door and cycle it twice. EVERY time mine is in the shop and has the battery disco'ed, I come back to find a very confused technician saying my jeep is screwed up.

"nobody cares what's underneath," ...Dieter Zetsche
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2004, 06:04 AM   #4
the_oneills

Thanks for the help, put key in door turned it twice jeep now runs.
the_oneills is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.