Security System HELP!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Security System HELP!!!

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Gibby913
1997 ZJ 

Security System HELP!!!

Ok so I purchased a PCM w/ security ( because my jeep has red LED light on dash...)

I start Jeep up and a few seconds later it kills engine.....this leads me to believe it security related.

Thus I check to see if security is working.....I lock the doors with the power locks and leave window rolled down.

I then reach in window and open the door from inside. The alarm does nothing! No flashing lights, No horn, Nothing!!!

What's wrong with my security system and how do I fix it?

Unread 08-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
TKFlight
1995 ZJ 

I'm not sure if this would help you in your situation, but I had a similar situation. My little brother set my alarm off went out and tried to get it started up. It wouldn't even start when you turned the key, it would sound like it was about to start up then just shut off. What I did was had someone take a spare key, put it in the passenger door and turn it and as they turn the key go in and start it up.
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
Gibby913
1997 ZJ 

Unfortunately mine will actually start but dies after a few seconds.....I'll give it a try but I feel as if it wont work in my situation But I appreciate your suggestion! I'll keep you posted on if it works......
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
sebian
1995 ZJ 

Should be able to disarm the system by unlocking the tailgate or passenger door with the key. That trick has worked for me.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

New reman'd or used PCM?

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
jetjr91
1995 ZJ 

^^ yup I didn't even know I had an alarm til a year and a half after I had my jeep it just went off out of nowhere. Unlocking the tailgate or passenger door with the key disarms the alarm. Actually unlocking the driver side door does it too but on most zjs that side wears out and stops working.
jetjr91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
Gibby913
1997 ZJ 

Its a JY PCM and is security enabled......The issue I believe I'm having is that my Jeep's security system for whatever reason doesn't work despite it has a factor LED light on dash....no blinking of light, alarm wont flash under any conditions....

Is it possible that because my alarm isn't functioning that this new PCM is cutting the engine because it cant sense the security?

If so how do I fix the security? Thanks all for your help thus far.....Im truly thankful....and unfortunately still stumped!
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

You need a non-security PCM.

The issue is that the JY PCM is seeing the wrong security code from your BCM and not allowing the vehicle to stay running. When you get a non-security PCM and install it in your ZJ, your BCM will 'marry' itself to that new PCM.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
Gibby913
1997 ZJ 

Awesome! I'll order one ASAP and let you know if that fixed it! Thank you for your advice!!!! I pray to god this will work.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.