security system bypass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > security system bypass

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
deadcherokee

security system bypass

Hey guys. I am having some trouble with my 95 g. cherokee. I need to know if there is anyway to eliminate the security system. Somewhere in the wireing is a short in the door lock and the doors will unlock but the security module is telling the computer to kill fuel when the truck starts. I have heard that there has been alot of problems with the locks in the hatch. Anyone have any ideas or comments. Please email me @ greenbayfan@zoominternet.net

deadcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2005, 02:34 AM   #2
From Big Island

See my post in this thread. it should work
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1995-jeep-gc-alarm-car-wont-start-169750/
From Big Island is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2005, 07:49 AM   #3
wmchurch

Replace the keylock switches

There is a simple fix, and it will keep your alarm... Just replace the key lock switches. They are about $30 or so at the dealership, if you just use the driverís side mostly then just get that one. You may be able to swap the one from the lift gate to the driverís side, but I'm not positive.

I think they are specific to each door so make sure you tell them drivers side or passenger side.

It's a bit of a bear to get back on there, I just removed the inside trim and panel and did it all by feel. Make sure you test it before buttoning everything back up.

It could also be possible that the switch is just loose on the key cylinder and needs to be pressed back on, but of the two I did this was not the case, the contacts on the switch were warn down.

You could possibly rebuild the switch, bend the contacts out slightly but I broke mine when removing it so that didn't work.

The way I dealt with this for a while was, I would use the power locks to lock the doors before I shut the car down, then manually lock my door. This did not engage the alarm ('94 GC Ltd). If I did enable the alarm some how, the lift gate lock switch still worked (I imagine because it is used less) and I could disable it there.

Anyway, you can replace the switch(s) or disable the alarm.
wmchurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
deadcherokee

Thank You for the advice! I will give it a try. One question though. You mentioned disabling the alarm..... is it possible to just get rid of the whole thing. I don't really care at this point if I have an alarm, just want to drive my damn Jeep? Thanks again! Brian
deadcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
wmchurch

Well, the alarm module is behind the glove box bezel, so you have to remove the top dash pad (4 screws at defrost, 3 above gauges, and 2 above the radio then gently pry at each end) and the trim around the radio to get the glove box trim out. Not too terribly bad. Please note that this is located left of the relays that are in the glove box access panel, so the entire bezel must come off.

According to the diagrams (included) in my '94 JGC Ltd manual, removing or clipping the cable (PK/OR) to pin 5 on the alarm module should prevent the system from being armed. I would leave the disarm cable (pin 4) on there just in case it gets tripped (somehow) and you have a way to turn it off. You might need to short pin 4 (VT/YL) (with power to the system) to ground to disarm the alarm if it's still active.

The main problem I see here, is that any time your battery is disconnected the Alarm will enter power-up mode, which will kill then engine and flash the lights (no horn) so you'll have to some how disarm the system. You might just run a momentary switch from Ground to Pin 4 to accomplish this, just put it in your glove box since it's all right there. You may even get away with shorting pin 4 to ground forever, I'm just not sure if this will resolve power-up mode.

If anyone can see an easier way here, please feel free to jump in. I don't think removing the module totally is an option as the PCM and the VTSS have dialog over the CCD. I don't know how extensive it is, might be read only from the VTSS for the 20 start rule and logging of failure codes from the VTSS, may be active in that it places restrictions on the engine when the system is armed though judging from the other connections it's not likely. In any case I've read that PCMs from vehicles with alarms can not be used on vehicles with out alarms.

Here's what I have for diagrams and pinouts:

'94 JGC Alarm Module Pinout:
http://zjnut.com/images/diagrams/94-...arm_pinout.gif

'94 JGC Alarm System Diagram:
http://zjnut.com/images/diagrams/94-...ng_diagram.gif

'94 JGC Alarm System Schematic:
http://zjnut.com/images/diagrams/94-..._schematic.gif

Let me know if you need anything else.
wmchurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
marizcal
1994 FSJ Cherokee 

need the diagrams...

Hi wmchurch, and sorry for hangout of this thread.. but I have problems with my 94 GC Laredo... similar problems that says this thread... I try to find the pink/yellow or violet/yellow wire and see if it works...otherwise if you can send me the diagrams related to the security module it will be great help for me...

thanks a lot....
marizcal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.