Security System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Security System

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-29-2003, 10:16 PM   #1
msafrit

Security System

is there anyway to deactavitate the stock security system?

msafrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2003, 11:19 PM   #2
GrandRubicon155

i have a 93' grand and to this day my security system doesn't work. i have to manually lock my doors so that the security system won't set itself off. from what i have heard there is no way to disconnect the factory system but if anyone knows aything about it please let me know. thanks a lot guys
Unread 05-29-2003, 11:24 PM   #3
pozner

And the model year would be, ....... what?

On my '94, the owner's manual shows a fuse. Don't have the manual handy, but I guess you could check your own.
Poz
pozner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2003, 03:56 AM   #4
msafrit

Sorry about that , it is a 94 model GC.
msafrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2003, 07:33 AM   #5
imnotu

facotry alarm help

factory / stock alarm help
i thought i remember reading a previous posting on this, hope this helps you out

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=factory+alarm

i also checked www.jeepsunlimited.com/forum ... they had hardly anything when i searched the forum for factory alarm compared to jeepforum
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL=Http://zbt.case.edu/myjeep.jpg][COLOR=White][B]White 1995 ZJ[/B][/COLOR][/URL] I6 w/ Selec-Trac, Plush Leather Seats (powered in front), JVC MP3 deck [B](STOLEN)[/B], [URL="http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8HSG1sJ380J/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=113KDCX889"]New Kenwood KDC-X889 Deck[/URL] (Insurance messed up and gave me this instead), [url=http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nZpmrQWOhBc/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=130TSA1680&search=Pioneer+TSA1680R]Pioneer TS-A1680R Speakers[/url], Remote Start, Optima Red Top, 180 Thermostat, Kolak Performance 2.5" exhaust components: (Car Sound high flow converter, Magnaflow large case muffler, mandrel bent tailpipe), 16x8 Rubicon Rims with 245/70 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo Tires, Rancho SS, Mopar Skids all around, Tow hooks front and back, Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks and Clear Corners. [B]149/B], and still going stro... OK My transfer case can a small leak... damnit!.

[URL=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=imnotu001@hotmail.com&item_name=Donations%20for%20a%20Poor%20Kid]Donations are Appreciated[/URL]
[/FONT]
imnotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2003, 03:14 PM   #6
pozner

Fuses to try

In my owner's manual (page 193), it shows the fuses, located on the right side of the instrument pod when you open the door.

Unfortunately, the fuses have dual purposes:
Fuse # 7 (blue) 15 amps.; Alarm relay, Security alarm module, flash-to-pass.

Fuse # 21(blue) 15 amps; Security alarm module, Lamp outage module.

Mine doesn't work, and I haven't had it long enough to check it out, so I don't have any hands-on experience yet.
It was made inoperative by the old owner's "mechanic", so I have no idea what he may have screwed up. Good luck with yours.
Poz
pozner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.