Security light?! Jeep wont start! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Security light?! Jeep wont start!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
HighCrawler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Security light?! Jeep wont start!

Im trying to start my friends 95 jeep grand cherokee, after her battery died I installed a new one and nothing. The security light keeps flashing and it wont let me start it. Ive probed around looking for loose wires but no luck. Is there anyway to disable this VATS? Please help can some one guide me she needs it for school, Thanks in advanced

[COLOR="Red"]Christian Jeep Member#45 You can do anything in CHRIST whom strengthens you! -Philippians 4:13-[/COLOR]
HighCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
Tiggerrrrr
1995 ZJ 

You need to lock and then unlock the drivers door with the key to disarm the system. If it still doesn't work theres a purple and yellow wire that needs to be cut and grounded out. There are plenty of threads with pics on the subject.

Looking for a REAR tow hook and bracket!
Tiggerrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
HighCrawler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry I didnt mention that it does start but it turns off right away, where is this purple and yellow wire located?

[COLOR="Red"]Christian Jeep Member#45 You can do anything in CHRIST whom strengthens you! -Philippians 4:13-[/COLOR]
HighCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
reddevils
1999 TJ Wrangler 

the key in the door lock will work
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Procedure for turning off an activated alarm :

Open driver's door. Lock doors with power locks. Close door. Unlock driver's door with key. Alarm is now turned off.

Put key in ignition, start Jeep.

It really is that simple.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.