security arms itself. bypass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > security arms itself. bypass?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-05-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
garoflex

security arms itself. bypass?

greetings. have a 93 wagoneer that the security keeps arming itself all the sudden after 1 1/2 yrs ownership. last mechanic got it running, ran for couple weeks now doing it again, start & runs for 2 seconds and dies. last thing the mechanic said was he hoped it wouldnt arm itself again. i thought he bypassed it but i guess not. someone else said take the fuse out. anyone know which one?any suggestions? the thing runs great(when its running!)interior is great. i cant believe that i may have to junk-it over somthing like this! HELP! thanx

garoflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
wmchurch

I don't know if the wiring is all the same, but I would assume it would be close. For me, I grounded out the Violet wire with the Yellow Stripe that exits the drivers door under the dash. This is the key disarm wire. That seemed to disarm the alarm forever, even if I intentionally arm it.

Do you know how it was disabled?

There is no fuse that you can pull, the alarm communicates with the PCM, the PCM needs to hear from the alarm for systems that are sold with it. I'm sure there is a way to disable this with a factory scan tool, but I don't know how.

The other thing you can try is to remove the Pink / Orange wire that connects to the alarm module. This should be the ARM signal wire that goes to the remote keyless entry module. In the 94 ZJ this is behind the glove box, but you pretty much have to remove most of the dash to get to it (if I remember correctly).
wmchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garoflex
greetings. have a 93 wagoneer that the security keeps arming itself all the sudden after 1 1/2 yrs ownership. last mechanic got it running, ran for couple weeks now doing it again, start & runs for 2 seconds and dies. last thing the mechanic said was he hoped it wouldnt arm itself again. i thought he bypassed it but i guess not. someone else said take the fuse out. anyone know which one?any suggestions? the thing runs great(when its running!)interior is great. i cant believe that i may have to junk-it over somthing like this! HELP! thanx
I don't think it's a security related. It's not like 93 had transponder key (it exactly what it does , lets it run for 2 sec and that engine dies.) The way the stock alarm works on my 97, it wouldn't even let it crank.
I'd say start with your battery cables, see if there is any bad corrosion anywhere
Not sure about 93 but my 97 would not run with disconnected battery/cables even if you jump start it.
The other thing to look at would be your fuel pump.
zaq123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.