securing rear seat storage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > securing rear seat storage

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 11-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

securing rear seat storage

alright those of you who have things stored under your rear seat, what do you have to keep it there in the event or a roll over?

I have a ton of stuff back there that I don't need in the back of my head during a major accident. my thought is take a factory cargo net and drill a few holes along with a bracket or two and that would be one way.

thanks,
-James

(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ View Post
alright those of you who have things stored under your rear seat, what do you have to keep it there in the event or a roll over?

I have a ton of stuff back there that I don't need in the back of my head during a major accident. my thought is take a factory cargo net and drill a few holes along with a bracket or two and that would be one way.

thanks,
-James
Your idea would work well. But I'm pretty sure they won't come up without pulling the little rope loop on the end. What do you have under there? I have ratchet straps, crowbar, 2x4, mini air compressor and tree saver strap.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonStebbins View Post
Your idea would work well. But I'm pretty sure they won't come up without pulling the little rope loop on the end. What do you have under there? I have ratchet straps, crowbar, 2x4, mini air compressor and tree saver strap.

this idea might be the false sense of security I need haha. its mainly for the bigger stuff, I have a under that rear seat. Jumper cables, u joint, socket set, beaker bar, 1/2" extensions, ham radio, spare belt, extra clothing, bolts (5/8"-7/16") 4 d rings, other miscellaneous tool sets (wrench set here soon) that is more or less the list of bigger/ heavier items I have under there that are my concern. there are quite a few more items but those are all just smaller and lighter weight things. ( yes I know some of those aren't heavy that I listed)
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

In the event of a roll over, Ill have more important issues to address than the goodies I have stashed under my seats.

A net would work just fine and could be removed.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
In the event of a roll over, Ill have more important issues to address than the goodies I have stashed under my seats.

A net would work just fine and could be removed.
I'm not worried about losing the items I'm more concerned with them staying there and not flying around the cab.
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
kirkham715
1995 ZJ 

Have never worried about that stuff under the seatin a rollover, but it is probably a wise idea. I seem to always have a lot of loose stuff on the floor, back seat, trunk etc.
I like the cargo net or possibly some canvas tool bags that could be secured by some hook, latch, d-ring etc.
I probably need a sticker on my dash reminding me that loose items around the cabin can become flying missiles in an accident
kirkham715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #7
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Why don't you guys invest in a tool box and ratchet strap it to the cargo cover clips on the floor like me?

There's only a couple things on your list that won't fit in a tool box.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.