Seat belt issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Seat belt issue

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #1
Othoni

Seat belt issue

Every once and in a while when im driving my seat belt would un hook itself from the holster, I say to myself WTF, god forbig I got into a accident. What is involved in replacing the seat belt along with where it goes in? Can the dealer fix it without me picking up the tab? is there some sort of law that can help me out so I don't have to pay just like the cat-converter they have to replace it up until a certain amount of mileage. Thanks

[URL]http://www.cardomain.com/id/othoni[/URL]
Othoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:08 AM   #2
StevesRedJeep
1997 ZJ 

I have a similar problem, my driver and passenger seatbelts will not unbuckle sometimes. It is really annoying, it can take up to 5 minutes just to get out. It feels like it is jammed somehow.

But a seat belt coming unbuckled all by itself is pretty dangerous.

Is their any places that sell just the buckle? I have searched but came up with nothing. I am also interested in how to change the belt buckles.

Red Jeep Club #287
StevesRedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:09 AM   #3
lambar
1996 ZJ 

There was a recall on some older Honda Accords with that same problem. I believe it was a faulty clip in the latch.

Check to see if there are any Technical Service Bulliten's (TSB) on the issue. Not sure what year jeep you have but I believe NAGCA has a tsb section

I just hope the airbag is not faulty as well, or you will be going out the window.

Ron
lambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2005, 07:42 AM   #4
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambar
There was a recall on some older Honda Accords with that same problem. I believe it was a faulty clip in the latch.

Check to see if there are any Technical Service Bulliten's (TSB) on the issue. Not sure what year jeep you have but I believe NAGCA has a tsb section

I just hope the airbag is not faulty as well, or you will be going out the window.

Ron
If your seatbelt isn't on the last thing you want is your airbag to go off. You'll fly forward and just as you hit the steering wheel you'll be thrown back from the airbag.

-Ryan
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:14 AM   #5
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Start searching the junkyard for the elusive female end for your seat belts!
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:26 AM   #6
lambar
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
If your seatbelt isn't on the last thing you want is your airbag to go off. You'll fly forward and just as you hit the steering wheel you'll be thrown back from the airbag.

-Ryan

Hmm, you must be too young to remember the old saturday morning serials.
lambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambar
Hmm, you must be too young to remember the old saturday morning serials.
22, you decide Serials? Cereals?

-Ryan
Unread 04-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #8
ERAUTreeTopFlye

Typically it's just a big torx bolt holding the girlie-end to the body/frame/whatever you wanna call it. Get the end and you'll be back in business.

Mine jams too, btw. So let me know when you find a cheapie.

You could always get one of those really cool 5-point harness set-ups where you have to carry a knife in the car to cut yourself out if you're in a bad accident.
Daytona BEach, Fl.
ERAUTreeTopFlye is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.