Search - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Search

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Closed Thread
Unread 03-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
wlmuncy

Search

Hello....It has been a while since I ran through the pages here. Wanted to do a little research on the Stroker engine or really 4.0 crate engines. But the search is gone. What happened to the search. Any help on the engines would be great too.

Unread 03-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
ERAUTreeTopFlye

Apparently it's now only available to paying users. Use google and include the word jeepforum and it seems to work pretty well.
Daytona BEach, Fl.
ERAUTreeTopFlye is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
wlmuncy

You would think that item would stay free. Now questions that could easily be answered with a search will be asked for a million times and older member will all go flaming and get pissed at guys looking for an answer. Oh...well. Anyway. How about the engine? I am looking for a 4.0 stocker or crate engine. Not in dire need, but looking at the options.
Unread 03-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
O Holy P

Yea...not being able to search is extremely gay IMO.

pg

'95 z28 six speed - black w/ red stripes
solid roller 396ci LT1
O Holy P is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Not paying 25 bucks to support a forum that you get info to fix your jeep, trail ride with others, PM your buddies and fuss about the search is a little unique.

You spend 25 bucks a week on sodas.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
O Holy P

[fuss]Do the mods get a cut of forum support? If I spent $25 a week on sodas I'd be one big zit. Search! Search! Search![/fuss]

pg

'95 z28 six speed - black w/ red stripes
solid roller 396ci LT1
O Holy P is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #7
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

We get no cuts. But I do grow tired of freeloaders who complain.
Unread 03-27-2006, 12:00 AM   #8
ERAUTreeTopFlye

Sorry guys, I disagree on this one. I really had no problem with the $25 (aside from the fact that I have $34 in my checking account right now), but denying search rights to non-members seems a bit... uh... rediculous. How do the guys in charge expect to bring in more people by doing this, and what is the benefit? I understand that there are apparently bandwidth issues (I was off the forum for awhile and came back to find it pretty traffic-heavy)... does eliminating search functions for non-members free up bandwidth somehow? I would hope that it isn't being done solely to punish those who haven't paid for others' help.
Daytona BEach, Fl.
ERAUTreeTopFlye is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2006, 12:05 AM   #9
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

No, this wasn't done to just tick you guys off.

No one, not even the mods had search capability for a couple of days when they turned it off.

The server was pretty much done for, that's why it was turned off.

Slowly they gave it back. First the mods, then the lifers, then the yearly folks, and with the new servers which should be completely installed within a week or so, you'll get it back as well.

Look at the bottom of the main page. Currently 369 users. About 50 have paid, the rest are getting free info. Good deal for them. When the seach quit for us (initially) I utilized google and had no problems finding stuff I was looking for.

I'm closing this BTW.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.