scored today at the wreckers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > scored today at the wreckers

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #16
Treleaven
1997 ZJ 

When I had my airhat on the jeep did feel more agressive but if the k&n is the same result I am going to pass as I enjoy the engine stock.

Unread 04-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treleaven View Post
When I had my airhat on the jeep did feel more agressive but if the k&n is the same result I am going to pass as I enjoy the engine stock.
it DOES help with off idle throttle response, more air available at the plenum will always help with that.(that's why the keg is so much better at off idle torque than the single and dual plane m1 and f1 intakes.)

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
Treleaven
1997 ZJ 

Im heading back to the picknpull because im missing a couple nutz and bolts feom the intake. This orvis had a intake and exhaust on it. Im thinking ut may have a performance chip as well. Where would I look to see?
Unread 04-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
it DOES help with off idle throttle response, more air available at the plenum will always help with that.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
(that's why the keg is so much better at off idle torque than the single and dual plane m1 and f1 intakes.)
That makes no sense. The keg is better at low rpm because of runner length and volume. It has nothing to do with anything before the throttle body. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treleaven View Post
Im thinking ut may have a performance chip as well. Where would I look to see?
Should be plugged into the computer on the passenger side firewall behind the coolant reservoir.
Unread 04-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #20
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

No performance chips are worth a damn on the ZJ unless it's a factory Mopar performance pcm.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #21
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyB View Post
Makes sense.

That makes no sense. The keg is better at low rpm because of runner length and volume. It has nothing to do with anything before the throttle body. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to say?

Should be plugged into the computer on the passenger side firewall behind the coolant reservoir.
You are. I was referring to the plenum volume difference between the keg and other intakes.
Slight increase in before throttle plate static volume does help of idle response as well, but doesn't add power, it change where the power is though.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Ah, gotcha.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.