Saudi Grand... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Saudi Grand...

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 05-30-2004, 11:07 AM   #1
surfdougyfresh

Saudi Grand...

I've got a '95 5.2 here in Saudi Arabia where I work, live and tear up dunes on the weekends. It's labeled as manufactured for export, etc. and doesn't have a cat If you've been watching the news lately , it might be time to pack it all in and head home. I'd like to ship it back to the states ($1000 to ship) figure I'll have to pay taxes (on a '95...not bad) and assume that I'll have to drop a cat in for emissions.

My question is whether anyone knows of anything I'm missing to keep the gov't happy and also whether I'll need to adjust for anything else to compensate for the cat. I'd be headed somewhere without strict emission laws.

I'll come out from under my desk from time to time to check for responses...

surfdougyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
Big Dumb White Guy

the biggest help would be to know where you want to move to?

some states are really strict and some aren't (like Michigan)

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2004, 05:18 PM   #3
jerryhipp

most vehicles made for overseas can't be shipped here because they don't have the cats, smog control unit, thinner glass or not shatter glass, or the safety standards. such as 5mph bumpers, crumple zones, etc. etc. but that's not all. you might be lucky. just check on your engine to see if you have the smog unit, and break a window to see if it shatters into a million little pieces or like a house window. and crash into a couple of things at 5 mph to see if you get any damage. no, but seriously check-up on these things. and good luck.
olympic xtreme rock rails[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]1997 wrangler
3" teraflex lift w/ jks qiuck disco's
33" bfg mts on black pro comp rockcrawlers
6" extended flairs
lod rear bumper w/ tire carrier
infinity basslink 10" sub and amp.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed[/COLOR] .
jerryhipp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2004, 10:16 PM   #4
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

You might find this link useful.

HTH
Unread 05-31-2004, 09:55 AM   #5
cfkingfish
Web Wheeler

I dont know which state you are moving to, but if they really give you a hard time about bringing it into the US, you might have to say it is not for public road usage, and get a different title or registration for it. Then you can do what you need to get it up to specs and re-register it.

-Christian
Converted to TJ axles - 5-297 U-joints
Optima Red Top
Custom exhaust

www.ishopfaulkner.com
cfkingfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #6
burnout04

Hey where in Saudi are you? I was just in Riyadh a few weeks ago, and are you embassy or private company?
burnout04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.