Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

It's that time again, any tire recommendations out there?

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  97grand 
#1 · (Edited)
It's that time again, any tire recommendations out there? Cost is important. I'd like to keep it under $100 each.

My ZJ is a street jeep for my wife to haul the kids in. The most it sees is heavy snow. I'm looking at the BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A's. Any thoughts, opinions, cheese fries?

#2 ·
I just put a set of Bridgestone Dueller ATP's on my 97 GCL. I'll have to let you know how they do in snow later lol. Seems to be a good tire for wet roads and not noisy at all. Cheese fries will kill you eventually,so I'd pass.

#3 ·
I just put on a set of BFG All-Terrain KO's. Noise is not a factor for me, and they are super in deep snow. I believe they they are the only all-season tire with the snowflake designation on the sidewall. I also like the fact that it is a 6 ply tread and 3 ply sidewall, so less likely to get a flat (important for my wife). The Radial Long has a 2ply sidewall. I've also found that the stiffer sidewall has improved on-road performance, tires seem to flex less going around corners, so the whole Jeep seems more stable in my experience.

'98 JGC I6

#8 ·
You're gonna make me cry

defffrek said:
265/70/16s
Derek,

How much do you want for the set? I'm running 245 70R16 Revos on my 97 JGC now and might consider getting a second set to keep on hand for my wife's Cherokee. She'll be in need of tires again come Spring.

97grand,

Love my Bridgestone Dueler Revos $132 each from Tire Rack (that includes shipping)...so far I have no complaints in snow, slush or ice. Same goes for my wife's 30x9.5 BFG AT/KOs. But the BFGs are far more expensive.

Joe Martins
Dublin, NH

#9 ·
For what tire rack is charging, the BFG's look like they'll be the ones.

Anybody here have 'em and like 'em? Hate 'em?

The KO's are a little outa my price range.

#10 ·
KO's are all I will ever put on my 4X4's from this day forward. Wife drove the WJ where I wouldn't have dared. Down a steep ditch, up an even steeper hill, through a plowed field and back through another ditch to hit the road she missed while trying to make a left hand turn. I should also add this was in northern Minnesota with snow up to the bumper. She was even in 4FT, not 4pt, so the shafts were not locked. When I saw the tracks, I couldn't believe it. She must've floored it and never let off. She said it went easier than she would've ever imagined though. I'll never buy another style of tire. You get what you pay for!

#11 ·
Airmanwoody said:
KO's are all I will ever put on my 4X4's from this day forward. Wife drove the WJ where I wouldn't have dared. Down a steep ditch, up an even steeper hill, through a plowed field and back through another ditch to hit the road she missed while trying to make a left hand turn. I should also add this was in northern Minnesota with snow up to the bumper. She was even in 4FT, not 4pt, so the shafts were not locked. When I saw the tracks, I couldn't believe it. She must've floored it and never let off. She said it went easier than she would've ever imagined though. I'll never buy another style of tire. You get what you pay for!
i need to get your wife to teach my wife how to drive like that :rofl:

#12 ·
Wow, new skins. Kewl.

FWIW I just got the BFG Radial Long Trail T/A tires. For $85 a pop, I'm VERY pleased. I've noticed a real difference on dry roads already.

I can't wait for the snow! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.