Rusty's offroad lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rusty's offroad lift

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo

Unread 03-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
S10Eater
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rusty's offroad lift

hey guys my WJ needs new tierod ends,balljoints,and shocks. so would it not be easier to upgrade to a lift instead of replacing everything and then replacing it again wth the lift kit stuff.
my question to you guys is will the rustys offroad 4.5 inch lift bolt right in?

heres a link to the kit itself
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=wj_kits (sorry parents crappy comp wont let me hotlink)

so i just wanna make sure i can install this lift with basic hand tools and a few hours. and of course the help of my dad aswell.

JEEP: If i wanted a Hummer, I would have asked your sister
S10Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
MSU.WJ
2000 WJ 

Yep it's bolt on. Don't know about "a few hours" - nothing ever turns out to be easy or go smoothly. If your TRE's are shot, get new ones and a new HD tierod while you're at it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the drop pittman arm in the rusty's kit, and are they fixed control arms or adjustable? You might want to look at ironrockoffroad.com. You could get a front long arm setup for just a little more.
MSU.WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
nierace
2003 WJ 

I also highly recommend IRO or Kolak/Kevinsoffroad...

The only non bolt on part about IRO's kit is you have to drill 8 holes...for the LA kit that is. But you will get way more flex and much better ride.
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
ras2001wj
2001 WJ 

IRO would be better bang for your buck, Rusty's springs are said to sag over time, IRO has a lifetime warranty on it's springs

[SIZE="3"][B]2001 WJ Laredo 4.0[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][B]2" BB
245/75R16 [/B][/SIZE]
[B]
[COLOR="Red"]Ron [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Paul[/COLOR][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Blue"] 2012[/COLOR]
"Freedoms Popular"
ras2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.