rustys 3 inch lift kit. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rustys 3 inch lift kit.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
318jeepcherokee
1998 ZJ 

rustys 3 inch lift kit.

anyone using this? how do you like it? what size tire can you tuck with the 3 inch lift? hard to instal?? do you need brake line extensions or anything? i just figure i wouldn't be happy with just a 2 BB.

thanks
connor.

-1998 grand cherokee 5.9- custom intake, MTX sledge hammer sub with two JBL audio speakers in the rear doors and JVC deck, Westin safari bar with two 6' lights, Yakima load warrior with reverse lights, Hooker aero chamber muffler.
318jeepcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

I've got Rusty's (Ok, it's a Skyjacker bought from Rusty's years ago) 3". I haven't gotten it installed yet, it's still sitting in my garage. The install looks fairly straight forward. I think the hardest part will be getting the old bolts undone without air tools.

The guy I got it off of loved the hell out of it. He had 33's on it for five sets of tires. But he got the lift bug again and went to 6.5" + a BB on 35's. He only had minor trimming done to use the 33's. And yes, he wheeled it. Hard. He completely tore his front bumper off in Moab with the exact setup I have from him. But only because he didn't clear a rock in reverse.

Once I get around to putting it in, I'll be doing a write-up on it and a review of it. But to be honest, by the looks of things I'll probably have driven this particular Jeep into the ground before I actually get around to it. I promised my wife we'd get a couple other things done before I put the lift in (around $5,000 worth of things) and since I'm currently unemployed, that may take a while...
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.