Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rubicon wheels on a ZJ?

12K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  JeepOrvis97 
#1 ·
hello everyone

First post for me, so bear with me please. I recently bought a 94 Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L V8 and am in the process of modifying it. So far I have swapped out the tattered and torn interior and replaced it with all leather seats from a limited and new carpets, as well as a 2" BDS lift (couldnt go bigger or the wife wouldnt be able to get into it).

The next step I am looking at doing is swapping out the rims and tires in favor of a larger set - thinking 30s or 31s - and this is where my first question comes up.

I really like the Rubicon rims and have seen some listed as 5 x 4.5 and some listed as 5 x 5 bolt patterns. can anyone confirm whether or not I can pick up a used set of these rims and have them work on my ZJ? Anxious to get the new rims and tires on the Jeep so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time :cheers2:

#4 ·
'97-'06 Rubicon (TJ)....5 x 4.5"

'07-'08 Rubicon (JK)....5" x 5"

#7 ·
I was thinking about getting new take-offs this year for my 1998 Laredo. Did all Wranglers go to 5x5 in 2007? If so, i guess I won't be buying take-offs anymore:(
yes

qwertyuiop[]

#9 ·
XJs would work too, I wouldn't call them newer though:) The Rubicon MOAB rims I think are the best choice:thumbsup:

#14 ·
No, you could do it with adapters but I wouldn't recommend it.

#18 ·
Well after trying unsuccessfully to find a set of the Rubicon rims I got annoyed and went out and bought a set of American Racing rims with BFG 31s. Not what I wanted to have but I was losing my patience waiting for the Rubicon ones. :(

Now its on the the next question which I am posting after I write this up. Once again thanks for all the information - was a lot of help :cheers2:

#19 ·
No pics, no wheels!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.