RPM Fluctuates/Stalls @ Red Lights and Stop on Hills - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > RPM Fluctuates/Stalls @ Red Lights and Stop on Hills

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 01-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
anthonyf105

RPM Fluctuates/Stalls @ Red Lights and Stop on Hills

Hi, I have a 1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis v8 automatic. I love this thing, but lately it's been having the following problems: 1. RPM will fluctuate at 300 RPMs when @ a stop, 2. On hills, it will tend to move back, 3. A really bad vibration from underneath when @ a stop, 4. When I start to accelerate from a green light, it will not move right away for a about a second, it will sort of jump, then shift to first gear finally, 5. Then finally lately at a stop light, the RPM will fluctuate at 300 RPMs, then will stop and I would have to put the Jeep in park and restart the Jeep to get going again. Those are the issues I have and I'm not really sure what's going on. I heard about changing the PCM or maybe it could be my transmission, but after looking at the trans fluid from the dip stick, it looks normal. If i'm on the freeway or as long as I'm moving the jeep is fine, it will not stall and run normal. I'm not the most educated on vehicle mechanics, but I'll give anything a try. Does anyone have any ideas please or fixes I can try? Thank you very much.

anthonyf105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Snap-on
1998 ZJ 

Could be a clog cat
Snap-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
jr4x4
1996 ZJ 

AIC or TPS sensor maybe. clean throttle body& iac if black
jr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
anthonyf105

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
anthonyf105 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pcm , repair , rpms , shift , transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.