rough ride - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rough ride

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
moparman87

rough ride

Hey guys i was just wondering if your grand cherokee's rode like a tank? i have Cooper Discoverer H/T tires on. i feel like a bobble head in there. just wondering if maybe its the shocks?

moparman87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
sand zj
1996 ZJ 

My ZJ rides great. I don't know that it is the tires, do you have stock suspension or a lift? Is the ride stiff or bouncy?

'96 ZJ 7" LA, 318, 231, 8.8 (welded), d30 (LockRight), 4.10's, 33x13.5x16 TSL's, no interior...
sand zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

Shocks don't last forever. depending on how rough the roads are expect 50k to 100k from a set, less if you have a lift
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
moparman87

I have stock shocks its real stiff. maybe i will get some new shocks. any recomendations on what to get? i'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money.
Thanks for the replys
moparman87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
nierace
2003 WJ 

Usually when your shocks are bad its bouncy as appose to stiff...

Are you used to driving in mercedes or something ? = P
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #6
Nick ZJ
1997 ZJ 

What year is your jeep? That would have a lot to do with it.

Quote:
This is the classic "Unstoppable Force" versus "Immoveable Object" debate. The result? Destruction of the Universe.
Quote:
last time i tried fording a river 2 of my oxen died and i got dysentary
Nick ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.