rough idle when cold ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rough idle when cold ?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
jeepunlimited

rough idle when cold ?

hey guys, when my jeep is first started, it has a rough idle, it will shake the whole jeep, but after it gets warm and hits closed loop, idle is nice and smooth.

Also when i slow down at a light, the idle seems to get very rough until it shifts into 1st gear again at a stop and then it smooths out and runs fine ....i cleaned my IAC really good but wondering what else could cause this problem ?

my fuel pump never drops below 32 psi of pressure, its like the idle falls too low when slowing down but then recovers when fully stopped and in 1st gear.

I also have a new TPS sensor from carquest.

Bone Stock with the acception of a K+N drop in filter and my aftermarket stereo, also did alot of new tune up wear and tear parts!
366 000 kilometers and stilll runs great :)
purchased for $125 bucks, amazing daily driver for the money
jeepunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
jeepunlimited

can anybody help me ?
Bone Stock with the acception of a K+N drop in filter and my aftermarket stereo, also did alot of new tune up wear and tear parts!
366 000 kilometers and stilll runs great :)
purchased for $125 bucks, amazing daily driver for the money
jeepunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.