Rough idle thermostat?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rough idle thermostat??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

Rough idle thermostat??

i have been having serious idle problems for about 2 months now i legit replaced every part to the intake exhaust fuel system and ignition system and no luck not the car is overheating in 40 degree weather with a 160 thermostat if the thermostat stuck closed would it chock the water pump and cause a rough idle, hard warm starts, and occasional staling??

and if i may add and hope it helps the idle sounds like its cammed makes metal heads in traffic stare its really funny

~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
jackedzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

no. That's a weird idea.

Clean the throttle body especially the IAC with carb or throttle body cleaner. While you have the throttle body off, look into the intake for a pool of oil. If you ahve it, then your plenum gasket is bad.

After you do that, see if it idles better. If so, you could seafoam through the brake booster vacuum line and scare your neighbors.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

did all that already too took the intake apart cleaned everything replaced the intake manifold gasket and seafoamed it i love scaring the neighbors and nothing but why else would my truck be over heating
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
jackedzj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.