rough idle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rough idle

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-23-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
demtjcj

rough idle

i have a93 grand cheokee with the 4.0 6cyl, it started a few months ago as a rough idle, which i thought it was just missing a cyl. so ichanged the plugs, wires,rotor, dist cap, fuel filter. still no luck. so i did fuel injector cleaner and cleaned the throttle body and still no luck. well it just seems to be getting worse. also if i start the car and dont let car idle for 20-30 seconds before i shift it will stall or come real close to it. and if i gas it to just about 1000rpms i cant tell that it is doing it. please help, i know it sounds confusing. thanks

1977 full size cherokee-401 v8, quadratrac dana 44s

prev. jeeps: 98TJ on 33s, 00TJ on 35s, 01TJ on 35s, 78CJ on 31s, 85XJ stock, 94ZJ stock, 97 TJ on 35s, 03 on 35s, 93 GC on 33s
demtjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
spichman510

i got the exact same problem. I tried all those and coudlnt figure it out. i also want to know please help us!!!

-'98 5.9 Grand Cherokee-[/B]
spichman510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 07:43 AM   #3
automan25

It sounds like you might have a bad sensor then, or you Idle Air Control Valve might be faulty (quite common). Read the codes from your vehicle's computer to see if that steers you in the right direction. I'd explain how to do that here, but I don't know. I'm sure the technique has been posted on this forum before though, so just do a search to find out. I do know that it doesn't require any special tools, just your key, and a chart to decode the codes.
Unread 07-27-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
demtjcj

does any one know how to check these problems on here. if you could describe the part. thanks
dan

1977 full size cherokee-401 v8, quadratrac dana 44s

prev. jeeps: 98TJ on 33s, 00TJ on 35s, 01TJ on 35s, 78CJ on 31s, 85XJ stock, 94ZJ stock, 97 TJ on 35s, 03 on 35s, 93 GC on 33s
demtjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2003, 11:02 PM   #5
crazycuban226

same prob?

i got a 93' zj w/ the 4.0 also i just started driving recently my father was drivin it for a week or two and it was actin up so he assumed that i got a blown cyclinder but i changed the plugs and it got a lot better but its still stalling so i already bought an o2 sensor just have to install it see what happens im goin to do a compression test anyway just to check i'll keep everyone posted back @ this thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.