Rough Idle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rough Idle

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 10-15-2004, 07:48 AM   #1
mzykzf

Rough Idle

I started the Jeep the other morning and all was fine and then after approx two min. The idle dropped to approx 200 rpm and the jeep started to skake and the CEL came on> I shut the jeep down and restarted it al was ok except that the CEL was still on. After approx 8 starts the CEL whent out on its own. I had just filled up with gas before this started. Any Ideas??

Unread 10-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #2
Brad00Jeep
2005 WK 

if it happens again, do the on-off, on-off, on-off thing and check which codes were thrown. that will be a good hint as to what it "might" be. other than that, there are way too many things that it could be. try a search for the subject. there is a huge amount of stuff on this site about it, since that is a common occurence.
Brad00Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.