rough idel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rough idel

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
bowtie_mike25
1995 ZJ 

rough idel

ok maybe someone can help me out..... i have a 95 jgc with a 5.2 and last year when i first got it, it didnt run... long story short i put a used pcm in it and it ran awesome, i just started messing with it again and its been sittin a while, but the reason i parked it is cause it started running like ****. i drove to town one day and it started heatin up on me, come to find out the water pump went out so i put a new one in and ever since its got a rough idel when it warms up. i put new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor and even retimed it again from tdc. i have tryed everything i can think of, but i dont know 318 very well and dont know anything about pcm's and what go along with them but i learn fast and i am outta ideas.... can anyone help please.

bowtie_mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
jnowak
1993 ZJ 

Check the Idle air control valve, the throttle position sensor, and give the throttle body a good cleaning. Can use an old toothbrush along with throttle body cleaner(not carb cleaner) to clean the cylinder of the tb.
jnowak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

When you did the wires did you route them correctly ? If they are routed wrong meaning touching eachother and crisscrossed it can cause idle issue and lots of other stuff

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
JrMechanic

1993 ZJ 

Re-timed as in you attempted to adjust the timing? There's your problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.