rough idel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rough idel

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
bowtie_mike25
1995 ZJ 

rough idel

ok maybe someone can help me out..... i have a 95 jgc with a 5.2 and last year when i first got it, it didnt run... long story short i put a used pcm in it and it ran awesome, i just started messing with it again and its been sittin a while, but the reason i parked it is cause it started running like ****. i drove to town one day and it started heatin up on me, come to find out the water pump went out so i put a new one in and ever since its got a rough idel when it warms up. i put new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor and even retimed it again from tdc. i have tryed everything i can think of, but i dont know 318 very well and dont know anything about pcm's and what go along with them but i learn fast and i am outta ideas.... can anyone help please.

bowtie_mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
jnowak
1993 ZJ 

Check the Idle air control valve, the throttle position sensor, and give the throttle body a good cleaning. Can use an old toothbrush along with throttle body cleaner(not carb cleaner) to clean the cylinder of the tb.
jnowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

When you did the wires did you route them correctly ? If they are routed wrong meaning touching eachother and crisscrossed it can cause idle issue and lots of other stuff

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
JrMechanic
1993 ZJ 

Re-timed as in you attempted to adjust the timing? There's your problem.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.