Rough Country WJ 3.5" Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rough Country WJ 3.5" Lift

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
Posers

Rough Country WJ 3.5" Lift

Let me start by saying that yes I have searched and have seen what people in general think about this company and their shipping issues. That aside I am wondering about the actual performance of their 3.5" Oldman Emu spring based kit. More specifically the shocks. Price is important to me (ie cheaper is better) and they seem to have well priced shocks that sound to be better valved for the jeeps. I do not know if this is true, and that is why I am asking the guru's of the forum.

Please do not tell me that the company sucks to deal with, I am specifically interested in the performance of the kits with first hand knowledge, thanks.

Unread 05-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
W2001J
1993 ZJ 

do you mean Rocky Road Outfitters? www.rocky-road.com

I have their 3.5" lift, and love it. im glad that i got it used for $200.00 cause the guy i bought it from said it took 2 months to get to him. the kit is nice, and it ride nice as well. its stiffer than stock, and i like that. the shocks are a good deal, but there are much better out there.

Build Thread
W2001J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

If you can get what you ordered in a timely manner then I guess some of RRO's products aren't bad, but here's a better and cheaper kit:

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW

Sure it's 1/2" shorter but you have a full 3" spring.
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

I put that IRO kit on last month, and its pretty awesome. I highly recommend.
[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.