Rough country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rough country

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
super13jew
1997 ZJ 

Rough country

Im looking at the 4in lift kit from rough country. will i need to buy anything else besides the kit? what other mods do you recomend?

super13jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #2
sandman
1993 ZJ 

if you plan on wheeling it you will need to replace the track bar brackets and the OEM trackbars with longer or better yet adjustable track bars. when i started off this is the kit i went with knowing that i would eventually need to replace the track bars i went with this kit anyways because its still a good deal. with not enough money at first i went ahead and used the relocation brackets and hated them. the front one would slide around when cornering on the street and it would pop like crazy when wheeling but the rear was the nightmare, i cant tell you how many times i broke bolts on that thing. i wound up drilling out the hole and using the biggest strongest bolt i could fit and that even broke.
Unread 04-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
seakay
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
if you plan on wheeling it you will need to replace the track bar brackets and the OEM trackbars with longer or better yet adjustable track bars. when i started off this is the kit i went with knowing that i would eventually need to replace the track bars i went with this kit anyways because its still a good deal. with not enough money at first i went ahead and used the relocation brackets and hated them. the front one would slide around when cornering on the street and it would pop like crazy when wheeling but the rear was the nightmare, i cant tell you how many times i broke bolts on that thing. i wound up drilling out the hole and using the biggest strongest bolt i could fit and that even broke.
..................x2
seakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
S_L_W

yea what they said, and the shocks supplied with the kit aren't the greatest either.

"I'm an 18-49 year old white male with a loud mouth and a gun, I am the American dream"... some TV show
S_L_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.