Roof racks on 96 GC........ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Roof racks on 96 GC........

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-10-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
jrskblx125

Roof racks on 96 GC........

Is it possible to take these completely off and have nothing on the top....i added a type r sub in my jeep and they rattle like crazy when it bumps......what do i do? oh and i am also thinking of adding a cold air intake ....now my question is.....i have heard of these lil modules that add horsepower and they say they do something to ur ECUs or something like that? are they for real? thanks

4.5" RUSTYS coils, 3" BDS leaf packs+ 1.25" RE Shackle
Dunlop Mud Rovers... 33x12.5s on AR-767s FINALLY
UMASS LOWELL '09 ... mechanical engineering
jrskblx125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2004, 02:14 AM   #2
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

yeah, the outside-most rails/tracks are removed by pulling off the end caps, then unbolting them...the center ones are just held on by adhesive
2000 WJ Limited - 2.5" Rusty's springs § WAAG 1-piece front brush guard § custom built WAAG nerf bars § PIAA 580 lighting § Custom Paint § One-off Aluminum Treadplate Door Entry Guards & Rear Bumper Step §
1986.5 Porsche 928S - 18" Moda MD1 § Autothority Chips § Rear Muffler Bypass § Short-Shift Kit
Grease Monkey & HNIC @ Clasik Auto
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2004, 11:09 AM   #3
Joseph Humphrey

those "lil modules" you are talking about are probably JET performance chips. unless to mod your intake system (ie cold air) get a larger TB, and replace you header(s), cat, and exhaust system, you are not going to really feel any real improvement. if yopu have a 5.2, 4.7, of 5.9 i believe you can goe a mopar performance ECU and get much better results. i have not found one for the I6 yet....

HTH
The Almighty 2" BB Jeep Club Member #34 (no more BB)
----------------
[B]Silver 98 ZJ 4.0 I-6[/B]
K&N FIPK Gen II
JKS Adjustable Track Bars F and R
JKS Adjustable Control Arms
JKS Quicker Disco's
Kevins 3.5" Lift Kit w/ MX-6 Shocks
US Wheel 15x8 10 spoke black Steelies, 31" BFG AT KO rubber
Joseph Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.