Rock lights! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rock lights!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
sid23man
1994 ZJ 

Rock lights!

Ok well I had got some new door speakers from circuit city for Christmas. Well I already liked my Sony's and they were the wrong size. Took them back and got my cash. Any ways I was walking through wal mart to get some oil and looked down and seen "the light." Lol, I observed and bought! I got the mid size oval ones that said Halogen on them. Took them home and got started. I should note I got theses because of price, and the size, they had some small ones but they were tiny, but the bigger you went the price grew. I got to my work and got out the drill. When mounting them I wanted a good place that would be visible in all spots when wheeling. One behind each front tire and one in front of each back tire. I had trouble finding a spot to drill the holes, then it hit me. If you take out the back seat them slide up the carpet it's great! In the front I pulled the carpet back and mounted them about 2 inches away from the corner of the doors. That took all in all about 2 hours. Wiring was a little rougher (just because I like to do my stuff right and make it neat). I ran the positive and negative from each one to the front. Grounded the back ones on some screws inside the front trim. I then spliced the positive's together and ran them to my switch. For my toggle I pulled off my trim around the cd player and mounted it below the cigarette lighter. I grounded my switch to a screw beside me light ground. I drilled a 1/4" hole in my firewall beside my amp power wire, and ran my wire to my fuse box. Flipped the switch and hit the road.

I'm debating whether or not to get two more, one for in front of the front axle and one for behind the back axle.

sid23man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
jeepinjoe123
1994 ZJ 

now alls you need is flashy colorful lights and people will think you're a spaceship lol
but if you were goin for functionality you get and a+ but i wouldnt take ur jeep in any kind of water or mud with those fresh new holes in em might of wanted to make sure they're water proof too.... but smart idea
1994 JGC limited 5.2l 4in F>R swap 31in. dune grapplers, soft 8's, flowmaster 40 series and duals out the sides, taurus e-fan, high flow intake, 231 swap, 44a swap, NGK plugs, Shell 93 octane only, homemade choppped and drilled light bar, gold>black stripes, in the process of making true cowl induction hood and putting 96-98 cladding, bumper cover, and grill on
jeepinjoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Gotta love rock lights.......

-GCJEEPING's build/mod thread-IT'S A GREEN THING...
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
sid23man
1994 ZJ 

^ Those look good! What kinda are they? As far as water proof? It's been flooding bad here. Had water half way up my plastic trim. But my next step is to weld the lights to the frame so it will fill everything.
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid23man View Post
^ Those look good! What kinda are they? As far as water proof? It's been flooding bad here. Had water half way up my plastic trim. But my next step is to weld the lights to the frame so it will fill everything.
Walmart $10 ones. I silicone around the lense, wire and where the screws hold the bracket. Havnt gotten any water in them. They have been under there for bout 4 years and still work.[IMG][/IMG]

-GCJEEPING's build/mod thread-IT'S A GREEN THING...
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
sid23man
1994 ZJ 

Oh ok I see how you did yours. I was wondering because yours have a pretty good range.
Unread 01-08-2009, 03:40 AM   #7
sandman
1993 ZJ 

youve convinced me, im doing this soon
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:14 AM   #8
mdjst5
2005 KJ Liberty 

im doing this on the new jeep i get in a couple months.

WANT - Tube Front and Rear Bumper/Safari Style Roof Rack
mdjst5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I dont know, looks a little too low rider for a Jeep.
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
sid23man
1994 ZJ 

Well it's getting a lift soon, that or get a 97 Toyota.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.